REPORTING & TRACKING
- Managing entities can monitor the process while receiving necessary reporting and insights in real-time
- The number of kits that are in each phase of the process
- Average time each phase of the process is taking
- Track to which lab, internal or outsourced, each SAK has been sent
- Cross-reference information received from kits with CODIS to ensure justice for survivors
- Identify major trends of sexual assault by location and demographics
- Information protection is of the utmost importance. The SAK-Track resides on the Microsoft Government Cloud which has passed the highest of security standards and is used by more than 7,000 federal, state, and local government agencies.
- For more on the security, compliance, and resiliency of the Microsoft government cloud please click on the following sub-bullet.
USER ACCESS AND PERMISSIONS
- Medical Facilities, Law Enforcement Agencies, Crime Laboratories, Investigators, etc. can be granted various roles and permissions to specific information to track the SAKs to which they are assigned
- Survivors have the option to access the status of their SAK anonymously or receive updates
- All involved parties see the latest, most up-to-date, information
- As legislation, regulations and priorities evolve, the flexibility of SAK-Track will enable the software to adapt as needed
- By relying on Microsoft’s Dynamics 365, Office 365, and Azure Cloud Services, Sockeye leverages an extremely capable platform backed by a major and respected vendor
- SAK-Track will receive timely updates from Microsoft to keep up with the latest technology and allow agencies to continue to efficiently and accurately track SAKs far into the future
The Sexual Assault Kit Initiative (SAKI) is administered by the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) and provides funding through a competitive grant program to enhance the criminal justice response to sexual assault and ensuring justice for victims. This is so critical as it will help link survivors to advocates and services, but will also help jurisdictions implement best practices to help bring perpetrators to justice by preventing future sexual assaults.
Sockeye has developed a tracking system to help enhance an agency’s ability to manage the processing of Sexual Assault Kits from the moment they are collected all the way through to the prosecution of the perpetrator. We are proud to be partnering with state organizations to help track the processing of not only the backlog of Sexual Assault Kits but also providing a solution that will empower jurisdictions to never have a backlog again.
The Bureau of Justice Assistance SAKI Program
Great resource to better understand the goal of the grant program, funding and availability, and many other important resources.
End The Backlog
A Joyful Heart Foundation initiative; this site provides information on the current nationwide backlog of sexual assault kits, support for survivors, and how the public can take action to help resolve this issue.
Joyful Heart Foundation
The vision of Joyful Heart Foundation is a world free of sexual assault, domestic violence, and child abuse.