Sockeye is a Sage Intacct Partner and a member of Sage Intacct President’s Club. Sockeye has been recognized as Growth Partner of the Year for two consecutive years in a row. We leverage technology and deep partnerships with our clients to improve business operations and finance outcomes. At Sockeye, we believe in a positive work-life balance, which promotes healthy lifestyles that allows our team members to grow both professionally and personally.
Sales Development Resource
As Sockeye’s Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for producing a pipeline of qualified opportunities from marketing programs and target call campaigns for Sales in line with Sockeye’s annual targets. Emphasis will be on quality and targeted verticals.
- Create and execute on a weekly and daily call plan based on inbound activity and marketing programs.
- Research companies and contacts prior to calls. Call with a purpose. Call with a plan.
- Have a working knowledge of targeted verticals and their unique requirements.
- Conduct exploratory conversations with prospects to identify if Sockeye can help the prospects and their organization succeed.
- Collect information from prospects about Budget, Authority, Need, and Timing to help qualify opportunities.
- Follow-up each call via email with the appropriate information and call to action.
- Participate in Sockeye marketing events, as required.
- Set-up follow-up Discovery Calls with Sales team to move lead along in sales process.
- Track performance against targets on a weekly basis. Performance will base on number of meetings arranged, but more importantly number of qualified opportunities accepted by Sales.
- Transition leads to Sales and maintain proper level of involvement. Help ensure leads don’t fall through the cracks.
- Use internal Sockeye applications to track correspondence (i.e. emails, calls, meetings) and to keep notes to ease the transition to Sales.
- Enrich contact records with information that will be useful for future marketing efforts (e.g. birthdays, interests, associations/affiliations, etc.)
- Stay current on industry trends, news, regulations, particularly around assigned verticals.
- Provide feedback to Marketing colleagues regarding industry trends and other relevant information that could inform our messaging and product/service roadmap.
- Leverage the full resources of Sockeye to nurture contacts and leads (i.e. share, don’t protect.)
- Bring creative ideas to Marketing to assist in the nurturing of industry contacts.
- Other duties as assigned
- 0-2 years of work experience, preferably in business to business sales development or experience in a numbers-driven sales environment
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Similar
- A quick learner and self- starter
- Demonstrated confidence and lack of fear
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- A strong phone presence
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong sense of follow-through
- Flexible, team player
- Comfortable working under pressure
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas
- Must be able to sit, type, answer phones, write correspondence and other
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Work/life Balance
- Remote Availability
Monday to Friday
Day shift, Normal Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. AKDT
Sockeye is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of background, perspectives, and skills.
Sockeye is a business software consulting company that specializes in using technology to improve business operations and finance through consultation and support. Our collective skill set is diverse with extensive experience in business analysis, systems design, implementation, application development/customization, training and documentation, platform integration, and end user support.