Step 3 – Reinforce: Change Management Checklist
The change has been implemented, but you’re not quite done yet. If you look at our ERP example above, you can see that there are at least 4 points in this example where we continue to communicate even after the change is put in place. That is because the key to truly successfully organization change management is to reinforcing the change. Here are some tips on how to do that!
- Listen to and collect individual feedback very soon after implementing the change
- Audit individual compliance
- Manage and respond to resistance very quickly to avoid growth
- Implement corrective action
- Most importantly – take the time to Celebrate your Success
Organizational change management is achievable. With a little planning, and a lot of communication, you can go from an organization that fights change to an organization that handles change with ease. After all, as the Greek philosopher Heraclitus one wrote, “change is only constant in life”.
Below is a checklist of our tips from above that you can take and use in your own organization: